Medical Terminology Course Overview
This course provides an introduction to the language used by those directly and indirectly involved in the medical environment professions. The Medical Terminology course also outlines the basics of human anatomy and physiology.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the rationale for learning medical terminology
- Define the word parts that make up a medical term
- Discuss the process when analyzing a medical term
- Recognize the importance of pronouncing medical terms correctly
- Recognize the importance of correct spelling when working with medical terms
- Identify the roles of prefixes, combining vowels, roots/stems and suffixes in building medical terms
- Understand the rationale for using a combining vowel
- Discuss the correct method to use when pluralizing a medical term
This is a self-paced online course that you can exit and resume at any time.
The course is presented in 15 modules and includes interactive practice exercises that reinforce key concepts and offer an opportunity to gauge your understanding of the course content. The exercises do not count toward your test score and can be revisited as needed to achieve the learning objectives.
Evaluation and Certification
At the end of each module, there is a test. Participants that do not achieve 70% can review the module content and try as many times as necessary to complete the course. Test questions are randomly selected from a test bank, making each test unique.
Upon successfully completing all modules, there is a printable certificate for your records.
Please note that course access information will be emailed to you within 1-2 business days.